How to watch the OWN network on Roku?
Hello guys, today we are back with another interesting article. OWN also known as Oprah Winfrey Network is the home of different shows that stream round the clock. Through OWN network on Roku, you can watch all those shows including hit shows like Family or Fiancé and Love & Marriage, Dr. Phil, Greenleaf, Super Soul Sunday, Queen Sugar, Black Love, Oprah Prime, Typer Perry, Ava Duvernay, The Swell Life, Iyanla: Fix My Life, Ready to Love, and many other famous television shows.
This channel, which was created as a collaboration between Harpo Studios, Discovery, and Inc, offers a wide selection of live and on-demand entertainment primarily geared toward African Americans.
Whether you still have the cord or have cut it, you may watch this channel on your Roku in a variety of ways. This post will go through all of the benefits this channel provides, as well as the steps to add and activate it and other options to watch without cable.
How to Install and watch OWN on Roku?
To add the official OWN network channel app from the Roku Channel Store, simply follow the easy-to-follow steps below:
- Connect the Roku device to the TV’s HDMI port with the HDMI cable and turn it on.
- Connect your Roku to a strong Wi-Fi network and launch the Roku Home page with the Roku control.
- To access the Roku Channel Store, go to Streaming Channels on the left sidebar of the TV screen.
- After that, go to the Search Channels option and type in OWN.
- When the app shows in the list of search results, select it.
- The following page would show a channel preview.
- To begin installing the app to your Roku, tap the Add Channel button.
- Once it has finished downloading, a notice will appear on the screen. Click the OK button.
How to activate OWN on Roku?
To get full access to the OWN app on your Roku streaming device, you must first activate it via an external website.
- To open the app on Roku, click Go to Channel after completing the installation procedure.
- Use correct credentials to log in to your OWN account.
- The screen will now display an activation code that you must write down somewhere.
- Now, open any web browser on any device and go to https://start.watchown.tv/activate
- Make sure your Roku device and the gadget you’re using are both linked to the same wireless internet network.
- Select Activate after entering the activation code that you received earlier.
- As the last step, sign in using your pay-TV provider account credentials for verification.
- The OWN app for Roku will now be activated, and all of its content will appear on your Roku TV screen.
Alternative methods to watch OWN on Roku
Own is available on the following streaming providers. With these services, you may watch OWN just like you would on cable TV.
On FuboTV, you can watch OWN.
Another live streaming alternative that includes OWN in its channel portfolio is FuboTV. Its basic subscription, will cost $69.99 per month and include over 90 channels! FuboTV includes the following features:
- The channel lineup of fuboTV includes channels like OWN and others.
- Three devices can be connected and viewed simultaneously.
- DVR storage in the cloud for 250 hours
- The FuboTV app is available for AppleTV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV, among other platforms.
- For more information, sign up for a free 1-week trial or read our FuboTV review.
OWN on Philo TV
Philo is the Most Economical Way to Watch OWN
Philo gives cord-cutters the best deal on live TV streaming. For $25 per month, you get OWN and over 60 more channels. You can try the service for free to determine if it meets your requirements. You may also record shows to watch later with Philo’s cloud DVR.
Because you receive so much for $25 per month, we think Philo is the greatest streaming service for watching Own.
- Over 60 cable channels
- Unlimited cloud DVR
- Streaming on three devices at once,
- Support for the majority of the streaming device and the ability to watch online.
Register For A Free Philo Trial
Philo works with Apple’s iPhone and iPad, as well as Android phones and tablets, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. For additional details, read our Philo review.
Vidgo for OWN
Vidgo is a live television streaming service.
It is a fresh streaming service with reasonable pricing compared to other live streaming providers. The only caveat is that they don’t have a DVR right now. OWN is included in Vidgo’s Core subscription, which also covers over 60 other channels. For $55 per month, new users can join the Core Plan. When you sign up, they do provide a free trial. You are not obligated to stay with Vidgo and can cancel at any time.
Vidgo is compatible with Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and other platforms. You can also watch the service on up to three devices at once. Our guide to Vidgo’s live streaming service has all the details.
OWN on Hulu Live TV
In January 2022, Hulu added OWN to its Live TV channel portfolio. Hulu was once known for its extensive on-demand collection. They recently added a Hulu Live TV service. In addition to OWN, Hulu provides live access to channels such as A&E, TNT, FX, HGTV, and others. The following features are also available on Hulu Live TV:
- A Disney+ and ESPN+ subscription is included in the pricing.
- The most basic plan includes 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. (Optional upgrades available)
- Watch on two screens at the same time. (Optional upgrades available)
- There are six configurable profiles included.
Several connected TV sets, mobile devices, and browsers offer Hulu Live TV. Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iOS, Android, and Windows Smartphones and Tablets, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and 4, Wii and Wii U, and many other devices can stream OWN.
The cost of Hulu Live TV is $69.99 per month when you join up. You do not have to sign a contract and can cancel at any moment. More information on Hulu can be found in our assessment of the streaming service.
Live OWN and a slew of other networks are available on YouTube TV, Google’s live TV streaming service. You can record your shows on YouTubeTV’s DVR, which provides limitless storage capacity. You may watch your recorded shows from any location! On YouTube TV, you can watch OWN, HGTV, TLC, and dozens of more networks for $64.99 per month.
Youtube TV works with Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more devices. The YouTube TV app has returned to Roku devices following a settlement between the two companies. See our YouTube TV review for more information.
In this article, we have covered all the methods to watch OWN on Roku with and without cable. Most of the subscription services offer free trials too. Before having a subscription you can go for the free trial and opt for your favorite service. Hope this article is useful and still if you have concerns leave your comment.
Frequently asked questions:
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is now available on Hulu + Live TV, thanks to a partnership between Discovery and the Disney-owned streaming service. Hulu + Live TV members now have access to the live OWN channel, which includes the upcoming series “Ladies Who List: Atlanta.
You’ll have access to 42 additional popular cable networks, like A&E, AMC, and HGTV, in addition to OWN. The 43-channel package from Philo TV is suitably named. The picture below depicts Philo TV’s current channel roster. For about $16 per month, Philo TV offers a 43-channel package that includes OWN.
A.The OWN app is supported on all of the following streaming devices:
Amazon Fire TV