How to configure Roku Player and connect it with the Internet?
Confused as to how to connect and configure the newly bought Roku player? Well, you need not worry about such things now. You can find answers to all your question about how to configure Roku Player and connect it with the Internet? The process is basically divided into two main steps. The first step is to set up the Roku player. The second step is to connect the Roku player to an internet connection. After completing these steps, you will be able to activate and stream your Roku player.
What is a Roku player?
It is a device manufactured by the Roku brand. It allows individuals to surf the internet on their TV also called streaming. In this way, one can stream channels/ services like Netflix on their TV. At the same time, one can also get access to more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes. This Roku player can be used as an extra cable box to enjoy the benefits of network TV channels using the cable login. This way, one can save a lot of money on monthly bills and expenditures as there is no monthly fee for using the Roku player. You only need to pay for the channels you want to watch.
Steps to configure Roku Player and connect it with Internet
- Start the process by connecting all the devices manually. For a Roku player, you will have to plug the cable into the HDMI input port present on your TV. In this way, one end of the cable will be connected to the Roku player and the other end to the TV.
- In the next step, you have to connect the power cord of Roku to the Roku player. You will have to plug one end of the power cable to the USB port or round connector present on the Roku player and the other end of the cable into the USB port present on the screen.
- Once the connection is established, you will be able to see the welcome screen of the Roku on your TV. However, make sure that the power is ON that is the TV is turned ON.
- Now, take the Roku remote and put the right batteries into it. You might need to pair the remote, in case you have got an enhanced remote. As a matter of fact, there is nothing like this for a simple remote. To pair the enhanced remote, simply press the reset button when you see a message on the screen. Now, you will be able to control the TV with the Roku remote.
- Now your Roku player is ready to be connected to an internet connection and get activated.
Useful Topic: Fixing Roku Remote Slow to Respond
How to connect Roku player with the internet?
You will require one or two things handy during the process. You will require the name of your wireless network, and the password of the Wi-Fi. Make sure that you remember the passwords correctly. This is because the passwords are case sensitive and hence can cause issues during the process. To enter any capital letter, use the shift key. If you are opting for a wired connection then you will have to connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the router and another end to the Ethernet port on your Roku player.
- Start by connecting the Roku player and the TV. Make sure the connection are properly made. Now, switch on your Roku TV and wait.
- Select the language in which you want to operate your Roku player.
- A prompt message asking to establish an internet connection over a wi-fi connection or Ethernet cable will appear.
- After this you will have to select which type of network you are going to use, that is wired or wireless.
- However, if you are choosing wired, then the Roku player will automatically connect to your home network and the internet as well.
- If you are selecting wireless, then you will have to follow a few steps more.
- Select the wireless network from the list of available wireless connections/ Wi-Fi networks.
- Click on scan again, in case you do not find your network. This will reinitiate the scanning process for all the available wireless networks.
- As soon as you have selected your wireless network, you will have to enter the password of the connection. Be careful when you enter the password. You can also select the show password option to view the password that you have entered.
- Finally, click on the connect option present on the screen.
How to troubleshoot internet connection?
- Wireless network and password
Sometimes, people select the wrong network or enter an incorrect password. Hence, it is important to be careful when you select your network and type the password. Since the password is case-sensitive, then be sure to use the shift key to enter capital letters.
It can be possible that the router is the cause of the issue. Check the functioning of the router before initiating the connection process. For this connect it to other devices first and check its performance. You can also try restarting the router to enhance its performance.
- Strength of network
Be sure to keep the Roku player and the router in close proximity to each other. If the strength of the wireless network is too weak then you will face issues while connecting the Roku TV to the internet.
- Ethernet cable
Usually, there is a signal strength issue while connecting to a wireless network. If the wireless is not providing enough signal strength then it is beneficial to look for other viable options for internet connectivity. Hence, an Ethernet cable or an adapter is more suitable.
Brownie Read: Roku Remote Troubleshooting
- Restart your device
To restart the Roku player, simply unplug it from the power source and wait for a few minutes. This is important to do as it will show if there is any problem with the Roku player. If your Roku player does not connect to the internet even after all these troubleshoot attempts then go ahead and connect with the Roku player providers to resolve the issue.